A sales position is both the most challenging yet the most rewarding position on earth. You are truly in control of your own destiny, you can make as much as you want, and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor for years to come. But, so many salesman fall into the trap of thinking that if you aren't a 'born salesman' then you can't succeed. This is false since most top salesman don't fit the stereotype. They are simply systematic in what they do. In other words, the make the plan and they work the plan. Here are 5 things that you can do immediately to make yourself a better salesman.
1) Wake up earlier-A common trait of most salesman is that they are early risers. Start the day early by getting something done that is high value and it will set the tone for the rest of the day.
2) Dress better-We've all heard the expression, 'looking good, feeling good' and it's true. When we look our best, it brings out our best. And sales is all about confidence so every little bit helps.
3) Invest in yourself-Great salespeople never stop learning. Constantly be reading daily newspapers, industry information, and attending sales seminars. These can greatly increase your knowledge about the industry and give you a leg up on your competition.
4) Leverage resources-This means everything! Great salespeople leverage any available resource to increase sales. That means that you delegate administrative tasks to assistants in your office. And it's not just human resources, which leads me to the next point.
5) CRM Software-Salespeople follow systems and the best way to make sure you're on track is using CRM software. It will keep you organized and following up with important prospects on a regular basis.
So hopefully these tips give you the information you need to take your sales career to the next level. Just implementing a few tips will make all the difference in the world.
got the article from here (link)